How is the SI Sportsbook bonus?
We like to start with bonuses during our reviews. With that, SI Sportsbook is no exception, and for a good reason. The sportsbook currently has a great bonus offer of $200 in bonus bets whenever you place your first bet of $20.
This isn’t like most other bonuses, well, perhaps DraftKings. This bonus pays out only if that first bet wins. So it works a lot like an odds boost.
You must make a qualifying bet, meaning you have to bet at least $20 on a game or match with at least +120 minimum odds, and if your bet wins, they’ll pay out $200. That’s a massive odds boost if you ask us!
The $200 won’t come simply as $200 in bonus cash to your SI Sportsbook account; instead, it will come as eight bonus bets of $25 each. That means you can bet on up to eight games or matches and still get the bonus.
This is a great way to start with SI Sportsbook, as it gives you an immediate boost if your first bet wins. It’s worth taking advantage of this offer when signing up, as you can give your bankroll a nice boost immediately.
As for when you get paid for this bet, per the terms, you’ll see the bets hit your account within 72 hours. However, when we tested it out, we got our bets delivered in just over 24 hours. So it’s a relatively quick turnaround.
What sports can you bet on at SI Sportsbook?
So you want to take advantage of the bonus but need to know what sports you can bet on? SI Sportsbook offers a wide variety of sports you can bet on. You’ll find all the major US and international leagues, including the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, NCAAF, and more.
They also offer a great selection of international soccer leagues worldwide. They have those if you’re looking to bet on more obscure sports. You can also find tennis, golf, cycling, boxing, and more betting options.
Here are some of the best and most unique things you can bet on at SI Sportsbook—
- NFL. This is a no-brainer. It’s one of the most popular sports in the US, and you can find many betting options.
- NBA. Another popular sport, SI Sportsbook, offers many betting options across all the major leagues, including spreads, moneylines, props, and more.
- Soccer. There’s plenty of international soccer action here, from La Liga to Champions League games. Plus, they even offer some prop bets for these games. Plenty of options exist to place a soccer bet at the SI Sportsbook.
- Tennis. Great selection of matches from all the major tournaments, including Grand Slams and more. They have some of the best betting options in the sports betting world.
- Handball. You can find some excellent handball action here if you want something more obscure.
- Table Tennis. While you won’t be able to bet on Forrest Gump, you can still find some great table tennis matches and tournaments to bet on.
- Darts. We’ve only played darts at the bar, but pros are out there, and you can bet on them here. Just like the other sports, there are plenty of prop bets. Think Gary Anderson will check out over Michael Smith by 100.5? There’s a bet for that.
- Horse Racing. You’ll find plenty of horse racing action worldwide, including tracks in the UK, Ireland, the US, South Africa, and more.
You can find it here whether you are looking for the big leagues or something more obscure. And with their bonus offer, it’s one sportsbook worth checking out.
How are the odds at SI Sportsbook?
While some call the odds at the SI Sportsbook competitive, we don’t seem to think so. Whenever we review a sportsbook, we compare the real-time odds to a site like Odds Shark and other online sportsbooks. After checking out the odds on a few games and matches, we found that SI Sportsbook offered slightly worse odds than other sportsbooks.
For example, let’s look at the Colorado Rockies vs. the Boston Redsox moneyline odds. Odds Shark’s moneyline is +215 for the Rockies, and Tipico’s odds are +210. However, at SI Sportsbook, they’re showing the odds for the Rockies at +200. That’s 5% lower than the others.
This is just one example, albeit we’ve found several examples. This doesn’t mean that SI Sportsbook is a bad sportsbook; however, it does mean you won’t get the best bet odds.
So the bottom line is that while you may get some great bonuses and promotions at SI Sportsbook, don’t expect to find the best odds. It’s still worth checking out for other reasons, though.
What types of bets does SI Sportsbook offer?
Tons of sports betting options and mediocre lines and odds at the Sports Illustrated Sportsbook, but what about the types of bets?
As we’ve hinted, they have tons of legal sports betting options you can jump into right from their mobile app or betting site.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the types of bets we’ve seen and tried as we scrolled through the countless options available at SI Sportsbook.
- Single Bet: This is a bet on one game or event. It’s the most basic type of bet and can be as simple as picking the winner or loser.
- Parlay: This is a combination bet where you are wagering on two or more teams in one fell swoop. If all your selections win, you will receive a larger payout than if you made each bet separately.
- Round Robin Bet: A round-robin bet combines two or more parlays. You can mix and match the teams you choose, and the sportsbook will generate all the possible outcomes for you.
- Prop Bets: A prop bet is a type of side wager on how many points a team will score, who will get injured, etc. The possibilities are endless here, so it’s worth checking out these options. One of our favorites was the “Next Team to Score,” which lets you bet on which team will score the next point in a game.
- Live Betting: This type of wager allows you to place bets on sporting events while they are in progress. The odds and lines will change as the game progresses, giving you more opportunities to pick winners.
- Futures Bet: A futures bet is a way to wager on teams or events that won’t happen later. Some examples of futures bets include the Super Bowl winner, World Series matchup, or who will win the MVP award.
- Moneyline Bet. This type of bet allows you to pick a winner or loser without worrying about the point spread. You just have to determine which side will be victorious, and the payout will depend on how unlikely it is for that particular result.
- Point Spread. Like the moneyline bet, a point spread is another way to pick a winner. However, you must consider how much the favored team will win or lose. You are picking the winner and predicting how many points they’ll win by.
- Over/Under Bet. This type of bet is when you wager on whether the total points scored in a game will be over or under a certain amount. This can also apply to other stats, such as shots, goals, etc.
These are just some of the bets you can make at SI Sportsbook. Plenty more options are available, so it’s worth exploring their site and seeing what types of bets you can get in on in the various sports. For example, the prop bets for baseball will differ from the NFL and handball. So browse around and see what you can find.
The SI Sportsbook app is surprisingly smooth.
At this point in our SI Sportsbook review, we highlight the app and betting experience.
The SI Sportsbook app is surprisingly smooth. We can safely say that this was one of our more pleasant app experiences regarding sportsbooks. The interface is very straightforward, providing all the options you need without overwhelming you with too much information or graphics.
The speed and navigation are unmatched as well. We could quickly get into our account when we downloaded the app and started making bets. We never experienced any slowdowns or hiccups, which is always a good sign for a sportsbook app.
And, just like the app, the SI Sportsbook website comes off as a more polished product than other betting sites. They’ve provided a good user experience that keeps you engaged with the bets and the odds.
All in all, SI Sportsbook is one of the better sportsbooks we’ve seen in terms of its platform and usability. It’s straightforward to navigate through, which is always a plus.
Where to get the SI Sportsbook app.
The download process is straightforward. Just open up either of those stores, search for “SI Sportsbook,” and click “Download.” The download will take a few minutes, but once it’s finished, you can start using the app immediately.
It’s worth noting that we used an Android tablet for our review, but we’ve heard from others that the iPhone version of the app is just as slick.
For those who want to go above and beyond simple online sports betting, the SI Sportsbook casino has an app you can download. We also tried that app out and noted that they have tons of online casino games. However, for this review, we’re sticking with the online sportsbook. We just wanted to throw that note out there.
Where can you bet on sports with the SI Sportsbook app?
This is one of the most significant downsides of the SI Sportsbook mobile app compared to other sports betting apps. The Sports Illustrated app can only be used in Colorado, Michigan, and Virginia. Several other online sportsbooks are in well over a dozen betting markets. It wasn’t until recently that the SI Sportsbook app launched its SI Sportsbook Colorado.
However, that does tell us that SI is interested in expanding its presence in the sports betting industry, especially as more states legalize sports betting, so keep your eyes peeled for more states to be added.
What customers say about the SI Sportsbook.
Whenever we review a sportsbook, we also like to consider what customers say about the service.
Regarding SI Sportsbook, there’s been tons of positive feedback regarding their mobile app, the $200 in free bets, and the various sporting events customers can bet on.
Customers have also mentioned that the app is straightforward to use and navigate. It also appears that they are very quick with their payments, making the experience even more enjoyable.
Regarding ratings, in the Google Play Store, the SI Sportsbook has a solid 4.2 out of 5.0 stars with over 500 reviews. On the Apple App Store, they have a 4.0 rating with over 1,200 reviews. Both of these ratings are significant because most sports betting sportsbooks don’t rate that high across the online sports betting market. Most ratings for online sportsbooks are inherently negative.
SI Sportsbook has a lot going for it. It’s easy to use, offers plenty of betting options, and is available in three states (with more likely on the way). If you’re looking for an online sportsbook that balances usability and various offerings, we recommend trying SI Sportsbook.
Low marks for the SI Sportsbook customer service.
In addition to the less-than-competitive odds, we must dock them some points for customer service.
We noticed that the SI Sportsbook offers no live chat or phone support. You’ll have to rely solely on email and hope they respond within a reasonable timeframe. They also have an FAQ section, which is surprisingly robust, but that only helps if your particular issue is addressed there.
Otherwise, be prepared to wait for a response that could take days or weeks, depending on the issue’s complexity.
The lack of customer service throws a wrench in things. Imagine having issues with a same-game parlay and wanting to use your SI Sportsbook welcome bonus only to have an error. You’re essentially left in the dark without any form of customer service.
That’s why we would rate the SI Sportsbook customer service as one of its weakest points.
SI Sportsbook FAQ.
We’ve received many questions about the SI Sportsbook, so we thought providing some of the most frequently asked questions here might be helpful.
Is SI Sportsbook legit?
Of course, it is! Sports Illustrated Sportsbook is licensed by the gaming enforcement agencies of the states they operate in. This means you can be sure that all your bets and winnings are safe. Every state has strict rules and regulations regarding online gambling and legal sports betting. With that, you can be sure that SI Sportsbook is a legitimate company and not some fly-by-night operation.
Where is the SI sportsbook legal?
The SI Sportsbook operates in three states; Virginia, Michigan, and Colorado. They recently launched a Sportsbook in Colorado, and we believe they have plans to expand to more states soon.
What’s the best part about SI Sportsbook?
The best part about SI Sportsbooks is its user-friendly platform and comprehensive coverage of sports betting markets. You’ll never be without a bet and can easily navigate through the app.
Are there any bonuses available with the SI Sportsbook?
Yes, they offer all new players $200 in free bets when they sign up for an account and place a $20 wager. Of course, this wager must win for the bet to cash out. They also have a variety of other promotions that you can take advantage of, such as free bets on selected games and money-back offers. For example, they currently have a spin-to-win feature you can do every 24 hours and the Sunday Baseball Bonus, which lets you get $10 free when you make a $25 bet (minimum of -200 odds) on an MLB game.
Is there an SI Sportsbook app?
Yes, there is! The SI Sportsbook app is available for iPhone and Android devices through the App Store and Play Store. It’s easy to download and use. We highly recommend using it if you’re a fan of mobile sports betting.
Can you get live-streaming with SI Sportsbook?
Unfortunately, there is no option for live streaming with the SI Sportsbook app. However, they have an excellent live in-game betting option that lets you bet on games while they progress. So you won’t have to miss out on any action.
Where can I play casino games?
For those looking to play casino games, you won’t be able to do so on the SI Sportsbook app. However, you can download the SI casino app separately and play everything from video poker games to slots.
What if I have a gambling problem?
If you have a gambling problem, SI Sportsbook offers several tools to help you. These include deposit limits, self-exclusion options, betting limits, and links to external help and counseling resources. When you join Sports Illustrated Sportsbook, keep in mind that sports wagering is for fun, and you should always play responsibly.
Summary of our SI Sportsbook review.
Sure, like most online sportsbooks, there are several downsides to the SI Sportsbook. For example, the odds aren’t nearly as competitive as several other online sportsbooks, and their customer support is lacking. However, they make up for these shortcomings with their user-friendly platform and a wide array of betting markets. The SI Sportsbook also has a ton of promotions you can take advantage of, which is always a plus.
Removing points from the Sports Illustrated sportsbook is tough because their website and app are so smooth; however, we have to dock a few for their odds and customer service. Overall, we’re giving SI Sportsbook 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. That’s still comparable to the other sportsbooks we’ve rated. Keep in mind that this SI Sportsbook review is our opinion, and you should always do your research before signing up. That way, you can ensure it fits your betting needs correctly.
Updated September 1, 2023
|Review||Current SI Online Sportsbook Review|
|Summary||It’s hard not to like the SI Sportsbook. They have tons of betting options, a smooth and intuitive app, everything that an online sports bettor could ask for. However, they’re only in three states, their odds could be just a bit better, and the customer support is lacking. For that, we have to cap them at 4.5 stars. If they added some real-time customer support options, we would gladly give them a rating boost even if they only remain in Colorado, Michigan, and Virginia.|
|Reviewed By||Chris Lollis|
|Rating||4.5 (out of 5)|