Patriots at Broncos: Best Bets for Sunday Night Football
Just before good ole Saint Nick comes down the chimney on Christmas Eve night, sports bettors will be tuned in to Sunday Night Football. The New England Patriots make their way to Denver to take on the Broncos. Will the Pats pack it in or show some fight?
Need help betting Patriots at Broncos? We got you covered. Check out our best bets for Sunday Night Football below. Good luck with your wagers!
Best Bet: Broncos -6.5 (-120) (FanDuel)
The Pats have lost 6 of their last 7 games and the main talk out of NE has been the future of Bill Belichick. Both Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe have taken turns under center and neither have looked to be the true future of the franchise.
Last week, they played the Chiefs tough through the 1st half and were trailing just 14-10. However, they then allowed 13 straight points and eventually fell 27-17. They are currently ranked last in the league with just 13.3 points per game. In essence, there has been nearly nothing to cheer about in NE in regards to their Patriots this season.
The Broncos had won 6 of their last 7 prior to facing the Detroit Lions last week. In that game, they quickly fell behind 21-0 in the 1st half. The Broncos were able to put up 17 in the 2nd half but that was obviously not even enough to regain the lead from halftime and dropped the game 42-17. They allowed over 440 total yards and 29 first downs. On the year, the Broncos have relied on their run game that is ranked 14th in the league.
This is the perfect bounce-back spot for the Broncos after getting destroyed by the Lions last week. The Patriots have seemingly packed it in for the season and with travel to Denver in the altitude on top of that, this could be a game that gets away from them quickly. We believe the Broncos will be able to hold the Pats under their total points average and walk away with a double-digit win.
- NE is 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- NE is 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games when playing as the underdog.
- Den is 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games when playing at home against New England.
- Den is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the AFC.
Bailey Zappe INT -145 (DraftKings)
- Zappe has tossed an INT in 4 of his last 5 games.
- Denver has 11 interceptions on the season which ranks them in the top half of the league.
Javonte Williams UNDER 55.5 Rushing Yards -115 (BetMGM)
- Williams has failed to reach this total in 2 of his last 3 games.
- The Patriots rank 2nd in the NFL, allowing just 84.9 yards per game on the ground.
Ezekiel Elliot 60+ Yards -120
- In the only game this season where Zeke carried the ball more than 13 times, he went for 68 yards.
- Broncos rank last in the league, allowing 146.9 yards per game.
Sports Betting Contributor
Bill is a high-volume sports bettor who runs his own sports investing business. He has an uncanny ability to find tons of mathematical edges on each day’s sports betting card. Bill covers all sports but his bread and butter is UFC, Golf, and College Hoops. Find him on X at @LarrysLocks2